Monday, December 6, 2010

It is time...

... for an update!

It has been a while. In away it seems a lot has happened since I blogged last and at the same time nothing at all.

Here are a few numbers for you:
4- the number of months it has been since we moved to Burnaby.
12- dollars, how much I spent on our new Christmas tree.
1- the number of times I've fainted in my life, happened last week! Side note: I'm fine it was a simple fainting spell.
19-days till Christmas!
0-Christmas cards I have made and mailed... and number of presents purchased.
5-wonderful Christian women who I have met and are mentoring me without knowing it.
2-beautiful stockings
11-months since Matt was in the hospital last.
71- My dear husbands hemoglobin level, only 10 points higher than when when he was in the hospital with TB, UC and phenomena in 2008, when they gave him an emergency blood transfusion!

The last one is a bit of a shocker to us. We have been trying to find a GP since we arrived here but no one is accepting patients. Finally we found out that an elder at Willingdon is a Dr. Matt explained his situation and asked him for a referral. Dr. G graciously (and by God's grace to us) took both Matt and I on. After our first appointment Matt had some blood work and other tests done to see where he was starting from. Dr. G just called Matt tonight quite alarmed after getting Matt's results back. I don't know if you remember from before but the average man his age and size should be at 140, Matt's is at half that. No wonder he has been tired and had difficulty getting up in the morning. It is a miracle he can function at all. Thankfully he is having an emergency appointment with Dr. G tomorrow to figure out a game plan. I know this is very frustrating for Matt because this was the reason we had surgery in the first place, to stop him from constantly loosing blood. It has come like an unsuspected punch in the stomach. This is not where we are supposed to be with his health, it is supposed to be getting better after surgery not worse. We are so blessed to have a faithful, sovereign God. One who knew his hemoglobin level all along. This is not a surprise to Him!
Please pray for Matt, but also thank God with us too. He will be glorified in Matt, he has been sustaining Matt through 4 months of 50-60 hours of work a week. He has been doing great things though Matt at Willingdon. He has continued to provide what we need financially, he is so faithful. He has been teaching me and growing me so much in these 4 months, it has been very hard at points but His love is unwavering! We are so excited to be seeking His will for our lives where ever it takes us and how ever it looks.




No comments:

Post a Comment