Monday, November 2, 2009

Great News & BIG Prayer Request!

Okay So I don't have a lot of time, but I need to update.

On Oct 26-28, we spent 3 12 hour days at a Church Planter Assessment. It was very encouraging but very intense. You basically have people watching you all the time. I don't really have the time to get into detail about the whole process, but we walked away extremely exhausted but extremely encouraged as well. At 7:52 pm October 28 we were officially welcomed as members of the BOCE (BC's Board Of Church Extension)! Which means come January, they will be working with us to prepare us as best as possible to plant a church with them. They are going to help him get some type of education (Biblical that is) as well as set him up in a an internship or apprenticeship program and pay him. We are so blessed. There were a lot of people there, assessee's and assessor's, that had a lot of encouragement and affirmation for both of us. All along the way leading up to this we kept expecting doors to shut, but they didn't! We are most likely the youngest, least experienced and least educated (Biblical) couple that they brought on. Which is awesome because it is not to our credit whatsoever, but only for God's glory!

This leads me to the BIG prayer request. Surgery is on this Thursday. Please pray, mostly for him mentally & spiritually, okay never mind pray for everything. It is a pretty big deal, there will be a fairly long recovery and a follow up surgery. So please, please pray specifically on November 5, but also the weeks following. He will be in the hospital for a week after, weird that it is pretty much a year later, and he is back in the hospital again. But we are trusting God! He is sovereign and He is in control of every single detail. Also pray that I will be the supportive encouraging wife I need to be through out this time, that God will continue to give me strength and peace to trust Him. It is so easy to let my mind drift into "what-if"s, which only result in fear and anxiety (AKA not trusting God) So pray against the "what-ifs" please!

Thanks you so much!
I'll keep you updated.

2 comments:

  1. Melissa that's fantastic news X 2. I wish I could have been there to offer you some support but we'll be praying that Matt's surgery and recovery goes well. I love you and I can't wait to see you soon

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAHOO! I hadn't heard this! So cool...
    Pray mostly for his annointing on the two of you...Everything else is preparation for the marathon of ministry he is prepping you for! BLESSINGS and mercies for quick healing for hubby!
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete